H1B VISA PROGRAM – to live and work in the USA

The H1B Visa is the primary US work visa/permit made available to people from all over the world.

The US Government introduced the H1B visa program to offer and enable skilled International Professionals and International Students from all over the World the opportunity to live and work in the USA.

The H1B is the most popular and sought after US work visa and US Immigration requires ‘every’ foreign national to obtain a visa in order to legally work in America.

One of the main advantages of the H1B visa is that it is a ‘dual intent’ visa which means that you can apply for a Green Card (become a Legal Permanent Resident).
The Process for International professionals and Students to obtain an H1B Visa:Step 1 – You Must 1st find a suitable and qualifying H1B Sponsorship Job with a US Company that will sponsor you for employment

Step 2 – Then the US Company files for your H1B visa with the US Immigration Bureau who processes it and issues it to you
* individuals can NOT sponsor or apply for their own H1B visa. Only US Employers can.


To Qualify for the H1B Visa Program, you must work in a ‘specialty occupation’. The core Specialty Occupations include IT, Computing, Finance, Accounting, Banking, Marketing, Advertising, PR, Sales, Recruiting, Engineering (all types), Teaching, HealthCare/Medical, Legal, Lawyers, Networking, Telecoms, Business, Management, and Hospitality.

An H1B visa is typically valid for up to six (6) years and entitles your spouse (husband/wife) and children (under 21) to accompany you and live in the USA on an H4 visa. The H4 dependent visa does not allow your spouse/children to work (unless they get their own H1B visa).

H1B Visa Requirements / Qualification 

You must have ONE of the following

1) A Bachelor’s degree or Masters Degree (or the foreign equivalent degree from your Country), OR

2) 12 years work experience, OR

3) A mix of further education + work experience

The general H1B visa qualification rule is:
– for every 1 year of studies at University / College = 3 points
– for every 1 year of work experience = 1 point

12 points in ‘total’ are required to qualify for the H1B visa program


This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. By using the site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy Statement to learn more.



Enter your email address here always to be updated. We promise not to spam!